residential lettings
student lettings
about us
contact us

My Pad is your first choice for a complete range of services dealing with any aspect of residential investment, letting and property management. As independent Agents My Pad provide a caring and personal service appropriate to your needs. From a single property to multi-million pound portfolios, as far as possible, we tailor our service to your requirements.

We would be happy to offer any potential client a free property rental appraisal, either complete the form below or call a member of our staff.

Click here to complete our enquiry form

We are respected members of Humber Landlords Association and Danny helped develop a new local property search website for the HLA that caters for tenants and landlords in the Hull area - www.greatmovehull.co.uk.

We have fully audited accounts, properly ring fenced client bank account and deposit bank accounts as well as being members of a deposit protection scheme.

Our hands on full property management service is second to none, we offer a straight forward percentage commission of rent collected, no charges for advertising or setting up tenancy agreements.

What is a full management service:

Free Advertising on all major letting websites such as rightmove.co.uk
Free local press advertising
Free high quality To Let board erected
Accompanied viewings at the property anytime potential tenants wish to view
Full tenant vetting, back ground check, credit score and reference checks
Protection of holding deposit
Collection of rent
Repairs management

What happens if it all goes wrong:

  1. Telephone call, Text, Email and Letter within 7 days of rent not paid
  2. Within 14 days a visit to the property by Danny Gough
  3. Within 21 days of no indication of payment the case is passed to Debt Collectors
    Section 8 or Section 21 is served to tenant for re possession of property.

We always try and help our tenants to resolve the problem before the rent arrears get out of hand and report immediately to the client for instructions.

Thinking of buying an investment property:

We offer a free property appraisal service to potential clients, we can assist the client to identify where is the next up and coming are in the City.
With our many years experience we can help in the acquisition of property from one house to a multi million pound portfolio, offering a straight talking and honest opinion rather than what we think you want to hear.

Do I need to have anything done prior to advertising:

With effect from the 1st October 2008, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required whenever a building is let to a new tenant. Landlords must provide an EPC free of charge to prospective tenants and must provide a copy of the EPC to the person who takes up the tenancy. EPC's will be valid for ten years and can be reused as many times as required within that period.

EPC's must be produced by an accredited assessor. Each EPC shows the energy rating and the environmental impact rating of the dwelling. This rating is accompanied by recommendations about how to improve the dwelling's energy efficiency. However, at this stage there is no statutory requirement to carry out any of the recommended energy efficiency measures stated in the recommendation report.

We shall be pleased to obtain the EPC for you as and when required, and we monitor the EPC in the same way as we oversee your Landlord's Gas Safety Certificate.

Do I need to have any testing done:

Landlords have a duty to ensure that the premises, fixtures, fittings and appliances are safe. My Pad recommend appliances which burn fossil fuel, such as gas, coal or oil, should be serviced regularly.

The Gas Safety (Installation) and Use Regulations 1994 (as amended) require Landlords to ensure that all gas appliances or installation pipe work are maintained in safe condition, and that they are inspected annually by an approved contractor. There are requirements for keeping records and issuing certificates to tenants. All tenants must receive the gas safety inspection certificate before the start of a tenancy. This is required in addition to any servicing arrangement which you may make.

Landlords have a duty to ensure that electrical wiring and electrical equipment is safe. There are several pieces of legislation affecting the safety of electrical equipment including the Low Voltage Electrical Equipment Regulations 1989, the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994, the General Product Safety Regulations 1994 and the Plugs and Sockets (Safety Regulations) 1994. With the exception of dwellings let in multiple occupation, there is no statutory obligation for a Landlord to obtain an electrical safety certificate prior to letting but Landlords must maintain electrical systems and electrical appliances under their control in safe condition.

The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations have been mentioned above. In addition, we recommend the installation of smoke detectors and the provision of fire blankets etc.

What we do when we take a deposit :

From 6 April 2007, all deposits (for rent up to £25,000 per annum) taken by landlords and letting agents for Assured Shorthold Tenancies in England and Wales, by law it must be protected by a tenancy deposit protection scheme.

We are members of the scheme operated by Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd and further details can be found at www.mydeposits.co.uk

Back to Top       Mobile Version

Home   Residential Lettings    Student Lettings  
 Landlords/Investors    About Us   Repairs    Contact Us

Website Design by DesignDock

Min Price:
Max Price: